Wednesday, June 10, 2026

In Honor of 250 years for America...and Our Grandsons,Tylar and William


Good morning friends!
Well, I've started a new project.  Flag quilts for our Grandsons in the Air Force.  I'm working on the first one...and I'm machine embroidering on them.  And I swear that that AI picture looks like me!  How'd that happen?



This design took 15 thread changes! lol
Think I'm opting for fireworks or something else a bit simpler! 



This design, I'll have to do over...I got through with it (25min) when I discovered I'd placed the stabilizer on TOP of the material...omwstupid!


This will be one quilt...I'll still be adding borders to finish them.
Hope you all are doing well and are safe and happy!
Until next time...
hugs
Donna


8 comments:

  1. Machine embroidery can be demanding work, particularly with so many thread changes and detailed designs. It is the kind of craft where patience really becomes part of the process, and even small setbacks end up teaching something useful for the next attempt.

    The flag theme with added personal touches sounds especially fitting for honoring service. Even the moments that do not go as planned tend to become part of the story behind the finished piece.

    Wishing you steady hands and smooth stitching as the project comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you have done so far, they look good and wow, that is a lot of thread changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Donna! Great new project. Very well done. Have you decided yet if you're gonna turn the extra room into a full on sewing room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess not…too much moving… heavy furniture and we’d have to hire it done. I’m still plotting and figuring out how to get more room🩷

      Delete
  4. Those are going to be beautiful quilts! Bummer about the embroidery. My amateur eyes think it looks fine like it is though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilts are going to be fabulous. I so want an embroidery machine. When we moved last year I downsized my sewing machines from 7 to 3 due to space limitations here. I do not need an embroidery machine, I can't afford one and I probably wouldn't use one but ....I do so want one. I am like a kid sometimes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gonna be a great quilt for him. Love that. Wishing you a most excellent and fun sewing week ahead. PS: I have some bee fabric to play with. Fun!

    ReplyDelete